You can make a difference. The magnitude of the climate disaster can feel daunting, but the only way to ensure an equitable transition towards a sustainable world is for us all to pitch in. Collective action compels real change.
SUPPORT OUR STORYTELLERS
This is the best way to have a concrete impact. OCV storytellers are local climate justice leaders who have insight and wisdom into how to create and sustain a more equitable and livable world. Through supporting their grassroots work, we have a large collective impact. Take their action steps today:
CO-DIRECTOR OF THE EAST MICHIGAN ENVIRONMENTAL ACTION COUNCIL (EMEAC).
William asks you to:
2. Sign his petition to shut down the Detroit Trash Incinerator.
4. Continue the legacy of Charity Hicks & donate to the Peoples Water Board of Detroit, a group fighting for clean and affordable water.
CO-FOUNDER OF THE SUNRISE MOVEMENT
Sara asks you to:
2. Check out and donate to Sunrise, a movement Sara co-founded of young people in the United States uniting to stop the climate crisis. Sunrise has a four-year plan to make climate action an urgent priority in every corner of the country, expose the fossil fuel executives who have purchased politicians and blocked progress, and build a movement strong enough to elect a people's government and pass an agenda for our health, home, and future.
3. Sign and share the Pledge to Protect Our Home and Resist Trump.
4. Send Sara an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to let her know if you are interested in taking on a dedicated role this summer (2018), especially if you are interested in digital and distributed organizing, social media, action planning, and logistics.
ARCTIC YOUTH AMBASSADOR
Esau asks you to:
1. Share his story to build awareness about how climate change is affecting coastal communities.
2. Follow Esau and other Arctic Youth Ambassadors by tracking #ThisArcticLife #USArcticYouth
3. Join the Arctic Climate Protection Network for suggestions on how to mitigate climate change and become ‘Arctic climate neutral.’
4. Contact Senator Susan Collins to ask for allocated federal funding for Shishmaref’s relocation and other change refugees.
Tell your story
Talk with our storytelling team about telling your story with OCV. Email us at email@example.com.